Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Save My House

The "Save My House" web site was originally created on June 26, 2007 in an effort to right a wrong. The site is now primarily focused on trying to keep the roof over our heads while I search for a job. Please click here if you want to help us out by making a Donation. This blog was created so I could post my thoughts, frustrations and information and also, so that people could post their remarks to us.

Ultimately, even more than catching up the payments we're behind or paying off
our mortgage, I want to find a job, I need a chance, and I would really like to be able to
pay my bills again. Here is a link to my resume if you, or some one you know is looking for a talented, experienced employee.

Another goal of the site is to help other people to find information that might help them in their own efforts to try to keep their home.

On Christmas Eve, Worcester Magazine wrote an article about us which appeared in their City Desk section. Titled "Brother, can you spare a dollar?" You can read the whole story from links on the documentation page on the web site.

Please DO...
... link to this blog and the web site.
Tell people about it and us.
Talk about it at work, school, at a party...
Get in touch with me if you're going through a foreclosure yourself.
Recommend this as a story to your local news papers and TV stations.
We can sure use the publicity to help spread the word not only about us, but about other people like us who are facing difficult times.

1 comment:

Don said...

I feel your pain. My wife and I are going through foreclosure. We filed Chap. 13 to stave off the worst. Our mortgage company was bought out by a Citigroup subsidiary and things turned worse. While under Chap. 13 protection, the mortgage company claimed I hadn't made a payment in SEVEN months. I had my bank statements to prove otherwise. They cashed all the checks but two. At a bankruptcy hearing, I was given 10 days to make the two payments they claim I didn't send. Before the 10 days were up, the bankruptcy judge lifted the stay of foreclosure and now the mortgage company (Nationpoint) is trying to push for a sale date. As of now, they won't accept any payments, not even the two they asked for. I am putting the payments in the bank, but my bankruptcy lawyer won't represent me in the foreclosure. Why is everything dealing with the government so damned difficult??