Monday, November 24, 2008

Funds for Foreclosures

This isn’t a joke. It isn’t a scam. It’s a request, an appeal if you want, for help.

The current economic crisis is not going to go away overnight. No one knows if we’ve hit bottom or when we will begin to see better financial times. Most of us already facing the loss of our homes are going to be joined by many more people who will be in the same situation very soon. Due to the huge number of foreclosures and the lack of any realistic help from either the banks or the government, we homeowners need to help ourselves.

Yes, I am asking for help for myself but I also want to help other people too. I know I can't help everyone who's going to lose their house but if I can help three other people save their house...well I think you can see where I’m going. If I help three people and they in turn help out three people we can change a lot of lives for the better.

What I’m proposing something very simple but very powerful. Give a dollar. That’s right 1 dollar, 4 quarters, 10 dimes, 20 nickels, 100 pennies, however you want to do it. get your friends to also give a dollar, your coworkers, church group, school, anybody. I’m going to be posting people in need of help on a web site titled Save My House located at
http://www.house.phantazm.com/ along with information on how to donate to help them. If you want to get started right away get in touch with a local church or a group that deals with homelessness. I’ll have some of those listed on the website soon too. There are millions of people in America. At one dollar each, think of what we could accomplish.

Ultimately, my goal is to raise enough money, to not only make mortgage payments but to pay off some of the mortgages of homeowners who can no longer afford to make payments do to loss of income, medical issues or some other financial distress. Jobs are going to be very difficult to find until the economy starts to recover and people shouldn’t have to worry about the roof over their head along with how their going to survive a monetary disaster.

Don’t say “I can’t help” Skip the coffee or doughnut on the way to work one morning a week, collect 20 soda cans if your state has a deposit on them, pick the change out of the couch, pick up all the pennies you see on the sidewalk. Give a dollar just once if you like. Give a dollar a week if it makes you feel good to be helping people out. If you can, and want to, give more than a dollar, you’re amazing and thank you so much. Please pass this along; spearhead a local effort for people in your area. Just remember, it won’t help anyone, if no one knows about it.

Thank you

No comments: