Wednesday, February 10, 2010

After the Auction

It's been a long time since my last post and I suppose I should have been more diligent about writing things here as it is supposed to be a blog. Well I've been busy with what little bit of a life I actually do have left and I neglected it more than I should have. For those of you following the sister site to this blog at Save My House, you'll know that we have finally lost the battle. On December 15th 2009 at 11 AM they auctioned off the house for $96,000 and change. It went back to the bank and then to the Veterans Administration because we had a VA loan. Boy was that a big mistake but that's a whole other story. Any way, the VA pays the bank all but $4,000 of the outrageous amount of fees and charges they associate with the foreclosure process and the VA now 'owns' the house. Here in Massachusetts there is a whole eviction process that has to take place after the foreclosure so we are still in the house...for the time being. Please do go to the link off this blog if you're being foreclosed and are seeking some information or help. E Mail me even if you don't live in MA as I can more than likely give you some info on what happens in your state. It has been my experience that very few agencies you call actually give you much information that is either accurate or useful.
Keep trying and try to keep your spirits up. I know it's tough but you can't let this get you down. Unfortunately we are not alone in this housing fiasco.
Cherie

No comments: